Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jan

Default Save takes long time

We use an excelfile on a server with several people at the same time.
Each one of us has to update and save the file frequently. The file stays
opened with each one of us. After saving the file we often have to wait up to
10 minutes after the saving is done and we can go on with our work.
What can be the cause of these long waiting periods? It's a timecritical
process and waiting for 10 minutes is really not an option. Is there anything
we can do about it?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Jan.

Ps. The machines are up to date and the network bandwidth should be more
than enough.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tdols

what is the documents file size?
how many users? do these users have multiple entries in the Share
Workbook "Who has this workbook open" view (If so remove)
How many days to keep change history? (tab Advanced)

have you tried exporting each seperate sheet to a new workbook?

etc. etc.

--
tdols
tdols's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31565

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jan

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry that i was a bit unclear on this.

We are about 6 users. Its 1 workbook, 1 sheet in which we al update (cut and
paste and change celcontents) The workbook is open with all 6 of us at the
same time during the day for several hours. We all get feedback from other
coworkers seperately and have to change the sheet content and save it. It can
happen that a collegue of mine and i change the content at the same time and
maybe save it at the same time but that should be a coincidence.

Jan