Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

Default Find Links

Somehow one of my workbooks thinks it has links to another workbook. Maybe
something got established accidentally, I don't know. My workbook has 150
sheets though, and I don't really want to search for the unwanted link one cell
at a time.

Is there some way to ask Excel to tell me precisely *which* cells it thinks are
linked to another workbook?

Thanks.

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

You can click on on EDIT in the menu and select LINKS to get the names of the
files. Once you have the names of the files you can search through each
worksheet using FIND, just make sure that LOOK IN is set to FORMULAS.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Bill Martin" wrote:

Somehow one of my workbooks thinks it has links to another workbook. Maybe
something got established accidentally, I don't know. My workbook has 150
sheets though, and I don't really want to search for the unwanted link one cell
at a time.

Is there some way to ask Excel to tell me precisely *which* cells it thinks are
linked to another workbook?

Thanks.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I use the fine Add-in from Bill Manville called "Find Links" for such as this.

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bill Martin" wrote:

Somehow one of my workbooks thinks it has links to another workbook. Maybe
something got established accidentally, I don't know. My workbook has 150
sheets though, and I don't really want to search for the unwanted link one cell
at a time.

Is there some way to ask Excel to tell me precisely *which* cells it thinks are
linked to another workbook?

Thanks.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Martin

That is a marvelous solution! My problem turned out to be one button somehow
linked to a now deleted back level version of the workbook. I'd never have
found it manually searching through all the pages.

Thanks Chuck.

Bill