Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimbob007

Default Formatting Selection of cells.

My database contains rows of information which can be subdivided into 3
types <1,2 and 3. I set up a filter but would like it to automatically
format the rows of categories 1 and 2 leaving 3 untouched. For instance
change colour of rows for cat 1 and change text font for rows for cat 2
when I enter these numbers in the relevant cells.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

--
jimbob007
jimbob007's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31399

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Conditional formatting - menu FormatConditional Formatting

Add a condition for values equal to cat 1 and another for cat 2. You can set
the set the font attributes and the pattern attributes.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"jimbob007" wrote
in message ...

My database contains rows of information which can be subdivided into 3
types <1,2 and 3. I set up a filter but would like it to automatically
format the rows of categories 1 and 2 leaving 3 untouched. For instance
change colour of rows for cat 1 and change text font for rows for cat 2
when I enter these numbers in the relevant cells.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

--
jimbob007
jimbob007's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510976

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Yes, you can do that with a Change event procedure something like this one:

If Target.Column = 1 Then 'Column A marking your categories
Select Case Target.Value
Case 1
Rows(Target.Row).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Case 2
Rows(Target.Row).Font.Name = "Times"
End Select

Stefi

€˛jimbob007€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

My database contains rows of information which can be subdivided into 3
types <1,2 and 3. I set up a filter but would like it to automatically
format the rows of categories 1 and 2 leaving 3 untouched. For instance
change colour of rows for cat 1 and change text font for rows for cat 2
when I enter these numbers in the relevant cells.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

--
jimbob007
jimbob007's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31399
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510976

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jimbob007

Thank you for each of your time. I appreciate all your help.

Kind Regards,
jimbob007