Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Warner

Default conditional formatting... almost

Hi All,

in an old version of XL you were able to type **something along the
lines of**:

in cell A3:

=if(A1A2, A1 [BLUE]; ##.###,A2 [RED]; (##.###))

to get the cell A3 formatted either red or blue with or without
brackets round the contents....

You now do this with 'conditional formatting' which is fine.... but I
want to reference other sheets and other workbooks... which I cant do
with CF. Anyone know if this type of thing is still in use and if so,
what the format is??

i've scoured the help and several books, but come up blank - am i
missing something simple?

many thanks

andy

--
Andy Warner
Andy Warner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31363

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

You can still specify conditions in the Format Custom menu. The maximum
number of conditions for one cell is 4. I don't think you can access other
cells from the formula. See help for "Format codes"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Andy Warner"
wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Other workbooks I'm not sure but you can use other worksheets in CF, the
trick is to use difined names....e.g if A1 of sheet2 was defined as "price"
then in conditinal formatting you would use something like =priceA2 or
=price1price2

HTH
Jean-Guy