Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zgclub

Default Copy and past to different sheets

Hello, im sure someone will have a very simple solution for me

This will be very tricky to explain, i will do my best

Im working on many old files from excell, so in the new files, i set up
2 sheets, one for the data entry person and the other for me to only see
what i really need, sheet 2 is only items that are copied from sheet one
that i need to see.
So what i need to do with out copy and past to old files, but when i do
that it is copy and pasting the curent file info instead of the old
sheet 1 info

Example (i copied this from one file to another and it also pasted the
file one info, instead of sheet 2 new file,
When pasting i want to get rid of the checkout blank.xls

='[Checkout Blank.xls]CHEKOUT5'!$B$3

Thanks for your help

--
zgclub
zgclub's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31350

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flummi

Maybe it would help if you described your procedure by means of an
example. Something like:

I select the entire sheet2 on file1 and do ctrl-c
then I switch to file2, select A1 on sheet2 and do a ctrl-v

When I then look in cell P5 it says

='[Checkout Blank.xls]CHEKOUT5'!$B$3

How can I avoid copying this from sheet2 on file1?

Answer: Empty P5 on sheet2 of file1 before you hit crtl-c

Something along these lines.

Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zgclub

what im tring to do is export certain fields of excell and importing
them to another datat base called fime maker pro.

So for the past 2 years i have set up 2 shhets per file,
Sheet 1 for the manager to enter data
Sheet 2 with only items that i need exported

now i need to go furtur back then 2 yrs, and the files from 2 yrs and
back, i never created sheet 2, only shhet one

basically what i was tring to do is create a sheet 2 on old files,

I copied sheet 2 from current file and pasted into sheet 2 old file,
hoping to get the data from sheet 1 of into sheet 2

After i did that, instead of taking the data from old file sheet 1 and
pasting into old file shhet 2,
Its taking the new file sheet 2 and pasting it into old file shhet 2

Thanks

--
zgclub
zgclub's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510472

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flummi

I see what you mean.

On sheet 2 of your current workbook this is the formula to pull data
from sheet one to sheet2.

=Sheet1!A1

When you load the old file and copy that formula across and close the
current workbook this is what Excel has made of it:

='C:\[current.xls]Sheet1'!A1

So it has included a fixed reference to your current file.

To be quite honest I have no clue how to get rid of the path infon in
all your links on sheet2 of your current workbook.

Maybe someone else in this group has an idea?

Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Highlight the cells with this reference to the other file (or highlight
all cells using CTRL-A) then do Edit | Replace (or CTRL-H). You want
to:

Find what : [current.xls] (or whatever the filename is)
Replace with : <nothing

Your sheet names would have to be the same in both workbooks.

Hope this helps.

Pete