Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andrew

Default how do I search a colum for duplicates automatically

I am typing list of numbers in columns, none of the numbers can be
duplicated. Due to this I would like to set Excel up so that it can check
automatically. How do I do this????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Chip Pearson has some techniques at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

You can use conditional formatting for this.
sample for one column only below...
First click on Column Header of Col B
then Format, Conditional Formatting...
select formulais from drop down, then enter

=COUNTIF(B:B,B1)1

select color pattern.
and Ok Out.