phil

Default comparing colum data and exporting

I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Ihope someone can help.
I have all call traffic in an excel file. Can i compare colum A's value with
colum B's then export Colum c's data if the value is equal in A & B. I want
to figure out how much we spend on calls between sites. Colum a contains the
calling parties number whilst colum b contains dialed no. Colum c is the cost.
Can anyone help??
Thanks
Phil. :)
Dave Peterson

If column A's value = column B's value, doesn't that mean that the calling
number and called number are the same?

I don't quite see how that would happen, but....

I'd insert a new column (D?) and use a formula:

In D2:
=b2=c2
and drag down

Then apply data|filter|autofilter to see the True's.

--

Dave Peterson
Dave O

If A is the calling party and B is the receiving party, but you need
site-to-site rather than party-to-party data, is there any commonality
between numbers that you could use to derive site information? (Please
excuse me while I lapse into a USA-centric example, it's the only one I
know.) Telephone numbers are in the format
NPA-NXX-#### where NPA is the area code, NXX is the exchange, and ####
is the number. In this example, you could sum the cost of dialed calls
or received calls by NPA-NXX, which would equate to site-by-site.

Is there some similar commonality you could use to designate a
particular site? If you go the number-to-number route, you'd just have
to develop another scheme to aggregate costs by site.

phil

What i need to be able to do is compare any of the numbers in colum a 'from
phone line no. **********' to all of the numbers in colum b ' dialed numbers
*********'. if any of the colum a numbers i.e. all of my phone lines no's are
in colum b, this would indicate an intersite call. i can then look at the
cost in colum c and add all that are equal to the colum a/b scenario
together. Does this make more sense?