Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Newman

Default Time Display Question Please

I have the simplest of formulas to give me the time until an event takes
place. In one cell I have the now function ( =now() ). In another cell the
date/time of the event. In a third cell the event date/time-now formula
(formatted h:mm:ss). It works fine but I have to hit F9 to recalculate.
Can I get it to display a constantly updating time showing the seconds
ticking away? Also how can I get it to show the months and days away an
event is in addition to hours/min/sec?

Thanks... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ime.htm#clocks

look for real time clock

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
I have the simplest of formulas to give me the time until an event takes
place. In one cell I have the now function ( =now() ). In another cell
the date/time of the event. In a third cell the event date/time-now
formula (formatted h:mm:ss). It works fine but I have to hit F9 to
recalculate. Can I get it to display a constantly updating time showing the
seconds ticking away? Also how can I get it to show the months and days
away an event is in addition to hours/min/sec?

Thanks... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Newman

I must not have made myself clear. I am not looking for a clock. I want a
cell in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet to display the time (counting down) until
an event (date & time) in another cell of that spreadsheet.

Bob

"Bob Newman" wrote in message
I have the simplest of formulas to give me the time until an event takes
place. In one cell I have the now function ( =now() ). In another cell
the date/time of the event. In a third cell the event date/time-now
formula (formatted h:mm:ss). It works fine but I have to hit F9 to
recalculate. Can I get it to display a constantly updating time showing
the seconds ticking away? Also how can I get it to show the months and
days away an event is in addition to hours/min/sec?

Thanks... Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

I have a workbook that shows a countdown timer. Mail me direct if you want a
copy

bob (dot) phillips (at) tiscali (dot) co (dot) uk

do the obvious with the bits in brackets

--
HTH

Bob Phillips