Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
THF

Default convert quattro pro 11 files to excel 2003

We have switched to Excel 2003 at the office and I have to convert many
Quattro Pro version 11 files to Excel ... is there a conversion tool
available that will work? I have tried to save them as excel ver 97 files
within Quattro pro 11, but the program will not save the formulas, only the
values. any help is appreciated. thanks.

THF
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

With both a Quattro Pro window and an Excel window open, have you tried
to copy & paste from one to the other? Then you could save the Excel
file directly. I don't know how many you mean by "many" files, but if
this is a lot then it could take some time, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
THF

Thanks for answering Pete. Many = roughly 500 :(

I wish to convert the file to keep the formulas. Correct me if I am wrong,
but if I copy/paste, won't I get errors whereas excel will not recognize the
@formulas ??

I think I may have found a solution in other posts where I should download
Corel Office 12 trial version which contains a converter to Excel 2003...

I will try this and cross my fingers.

thanks again.

"Pete" wrote:

With both a Quattro Pro window and an Excel window open, have you tried
to copy & paste from one to the other? Then you could save the Excel
file directly. I don't know how many you mean by "many" files, but if
this is a lot then it could take some time, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

If you still have Quattro Pro available, try saving the Quattro Pro as a
Lotus 1-2-3 file and then open the Lotus version of your Quattro file in
Excel. If that works, do a File/Save As and change the file type to the
Excel workbook flavor of your choice.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Pete" wrote:

With both a Quattro Pro window and an Excel window open, have you tried
to copy & paste from one to the other? Then you could save the Excel
file directly. I don't know how many you mean by "many" files, but if
this is a lot then it could take some time, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Actually, you can type an @formula directly into an Excel cell and it
will recognise it and convert it to =formula. You might get problems if
you had formulae which referred to other sheets in the QPro file, as
these would point back to that file - however, you could do Find and
Replace afterwards to get rid of all the links to the other file.

Anyway, I think getting Corel Office 12 on trial is a good solution.

Cheers,

Pete