Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel to Access *.MDB conversion

I may well have missed this - but is it one of the options.
It's only a flat-file - a list of names and addreses to set up as a
mail-merge (producing memberhip cards (double-side).

I got a shareware proggy down which looks most suitable with the one
hitch (I hardly thought of it so at the time) of accepting Access file
as input-file.

Our registrar uses excel quite proficiently and can squirt the
newmember over the wires fine to the person printing the cards and
stuffing the envelopes.

I don't especially want to force beople to get used to (and perhaps
purchase if they don't have office - only excel) a new application
when not necessary.

An alternative I suppose is a membership-card-producer that accepts
excel (or CSV or DBF etc) if you know of one - but that hardly seems
the question to put here.

A thought that occurred is an email to the above chaps !! - I shall do
that as well

thanks for any pointers

Keith
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

Greetings from Virginia, USA, near Washington DC.

The jump from Excel to Access should be clean and straightforward,
particularly if the Excel file is a flat file. If you'll open an
Access database, from the Tables view click New and then select Import
Table from the window. Choose the location and specify the .XLS
format, and the Excel file should appear in the Tables view.

If I may suggest, open the table after the import to make sure that
things have gone the way you prefer. From your description, though, it
should be easily done.