Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
naitco

Default [1] in the title menu

Hello everybody,

I have a macro that does not work since the sign "[1]" appeared in the
title menu.

The macro is on my hard disk and do the job on a downloaded excel file
not saved on the disk.

To cope with this problem, I have to save the file (so the [1]
disappear). But I do not understand why before it was working good.

Thanks for your upcoming help (I hope it is clear cause I am French!).

--
naitco
naitco's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30770

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

Default in the title menu

Bonjour! (the extent of my French!)

You probably have two views of the same worksheet. Go to Window |
Arrange | Horizontal and you may see two or more copies of the same
sheet - you can use the Close icon on each sheet window (NOT the one on
the Excel window in the top right hand corner), so that you only have
one view remaining. Then save the file.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
naitco

Hi,

unfortunately, this is not the explanation. When you have two windows,
there is the sign ":1" and not "[1]" as I have.

So the problem still remains.....

@+

--
naitco
naitco's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30770
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504379

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Save the file to disk and rename it to remove the []'s. Then open it in excel
using file|open.

Those []'s in file names are trouble.