Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dwilliams

Default How do I disable email formatting.

I'd like to enter email addresses in a certain column as plain text but
it gets automatically formatted in a way that opens Outlook. I just
want to enter something like as plain text without it
turning into a link that opens up an email program. Thanks for any
help.

--
dwilliams
dwilliams's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Goto ToolsAutoCorrect OptionsAuto Format as You Type

Uncheck: Internet and network paths with hyperlinks

OK out

Biff

"dwilliams" wrote
in message ...

I'd like to enter email addresses in a certain column as plain text but
it gets automatically formatted in a way that opens Outlook. I just
want to enter something like as plain text without it
turning into a link that opens up an email program. Thanks for any
help.

--
dwilliams
dwilliams's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503211

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dwilliams

Maybe I should have given the version - excel 2000 - does that make a
difference?

There's a "ToolsAutoCorrect" menu item but not a "ToolsAutoCorrect
OptionsAuto Format as You Type" option.

Under the "ToolsAutoCorrect" I unchecked everthing ( there was nothing
about auto format) but got the same results.

--
dwilliams
dwilliams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30659

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Maybe I should have given the version - excel 2000 - does that make a
difference?

Well, I'm using Excel 2002. Sorry, don't know 2000!

Biff

"dwilliams" wrote
in message ...

Maybe I should have given the version - excel 2000 - does that make a
difference?

There's a "ToolsAutoCorrect" menu item but not a "ToolsAutoCorrect
OptionsAuto Format as You Type" option.

Under the "ToolsAutoCorrect" I unchecked everthing ( there was nothing
about auto format) but got the same results.

--
dwilliams
dwilliams's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503211

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

You can't turn that off in Excel up through Excel 2000.
You can have a macro immediately wipe out the link as soon as it
is created, but the method is a nuisance.

I would suggest just letting them get created (even if you have Excel 2002 and up)
and then remove all that you don't want all at one time.
Removing object hyperlinks from a Cell or cell range (#DelHyperlinks)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#DelHyperlinks

Also contains tips on not taking a hyperlink, like after clicking down
wait before releasing left mouse button, or use the arrow keys.
---
HTH,

"dwilliams" wrote in message

Maybe I should have given the version - excel 2000 - does that make a
difference?

There's a "ToolsAutoCorrect" menu item but not a "ToolsAutoCorrect
OptionsAuto Format as You Type" option.

Under the "ToolsAutoCorrect" I unchecked everthing ( there was nothing
about auto format) but got the same results.

--
dwilliams
dwilliams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30659
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503211

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dwilliams

That covers it.

--
dwilliams
dwilliams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30659
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503211

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pastel Hughes

The autocorrect option affects all worksheets and workbooks.
I have a form that I want OTHERS to use, which asks for an email addresss,
but I don't want Outlook to automatically start when they key the address
into Excel.
Is there a way?