Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean

Default problem of moving focused cell by arrow key

Dear all:
I have a strange problem in using excel that is not easy to interpret
For example
if the focus cell is c3
it should move to c2 if we hit the up key
and then move to d2 if we hit right key

however, in my situation,
the focused cell will always remain on c3
but the whole worksheet will shift upward and then rightward

It is really not convenient to use, anyone can teach me how to do? thanks a
lot
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

You're in scroll lock mode.
Hit the scroll lock key again to toggle it off
(Probably an accidental hit earlier)
--
Max
Singapore
"Sean" wrote in message
Dear all:
I have a strange problem in using excel that is not easy to interpret
For example
if the focus cell is c3
it should move to c2 if we hit the up key
and then move to d2 if we hit right key

however, in my situation,
the focused cell will always remain on c3
but the whole worksheet will shift upward and then rightward

It is really not convenient to use, anyone can teach me how to do? thanks

lot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

Sean,

Check to see if your Scroll Lock is enabled on your keyboard. If I
turn on Scroll Lock I get the same behavior you described.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean

thanks a lot, Max and Mark
It does solve my problem
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

You're welcome, and thanks for posting back. Hope you were not stuck in
scroll-lock mode for the past 6 days, though <bg
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Sean" wrote in message
thanks a lot, Max and Mark
It does solve my problem

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'VE HAD THAT PROBLEM FOR A WEEK AND NO ONE COULD TELL ME
WHY. SOME ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS SITE SO I FIGURED I'D TRY IT. IT'S
EVERYTHING HE SAID IT WAS. AWSOME