Jim Olsen

Default Cell reference problem

I would like to refer a cell from one worksheet to another. This is
relatively simple and I can just use for example "=Sheet1!A1" when referring
to that cell as a formula. This copies the contents of that cell to the new
cell. All good so far.

I also want it to bring the formatting and cell colour across, but I can't
seem to find any way to do this. I thought it would have bveen simple, but
I'm getting nowhere with this.

To give an example:
On Sheet 1, Column 1 Row A, I have the word hello.
On Sheet 2, Column 1, Row A, I have the reference "=Sheet1!A1"
If I cange the fill colour to red in the cell in sheet 1, I want the cell on
sheet 2 to reflect that.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Jim

Mladen_Dj

You can achieve this by using a Camera Tool which can make a linked picture
of range, and put it in new wsheet. To find camera tool, go to
Tools-Customize, under Commands Tab go to Tools, locate Camera, and drag it
to any toolbar on your excel window.

Select range/cell you want to make picture and Click camera tool, than click
somewhere in another worksheet. You shouldd have picture of cell/range which
is dinamic linked to source cell, and every change of format or content of
source will be reflected in picture.

"Jim Olsen" wrote in message
I would like to refer a cell from one worksheet to another. This is
relatively simple and I can just use for example "=Sheet1!A1" when
referring to that cell as a formula. This copies the contents of that cell
to the new cell. All good so far.

I also want it to bring the formatting and cell colour across, but I can't
seem to find any way to do this. I thought it would have bveen simple, but
I'm getting nowhere with this.

To give an example:
On Sheet 1, Column 1 Row A, I have the word hello.
On Sheet 2, Column 1, Row A, I have the reference "=Sheet1!A1"
If I cange the fill colour to red in the cell in sheet 1, I want the cell
on sheet 2 to reflect that.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Jim

Jim Olsen

This is really cool. I didn't know you could do that.

It's really close to what I want to achieve, but the picture it creates
doesn't show all the text if it's modified later.

For example, if I create a snapshot of the cell which says "Hi There". It
works fine. Change the font, colouring, whatever. It's all good. But If I
add more text to make it "Hi There, how are you going", the rest of the text
outside of the picture box is missed. I can take a new snapshot and it will
show a new larger snapshot, but I'd like to avoid that if I can.

Are there any other ways to get around the problem?

Thanks,
Jim