Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TJ

Default shade hidden rows

How can I set up my worksheets so that rows that are hidden will be shaded in
if they are unhidden?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

TJ,

Set the cell shading for the rows before hiding them. If they're
subsequently unhidden, the shading will be there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TJ

I was hoping for some type of conditional formatting or code that would
automate this for me.

"Mark Lincoln" wrote:

TJ,

Set the cell shading for the rows before hiding them. If they're
subsequently unhidden, the shading will be there.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

TJ,

If they are hidden using hide rather than filters, then a macro like this
will shade the hidden rows:

Sub NewSub()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Interior.Col orIndex = xlNone
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"TJ" wrote in message
How can I set up my worksheets so that rows that are hidden will be shaded
in
if they are unhidden?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TJ

That is the effect I want. How can I make it so that when I hide the cells
they are shaded without me having to run the macro every time I hide cells?
I would like to have the act of hiding the cells trigger the shading.

"TJ" wrote in message
How can I set up my worksheets so that rows that are hidden will be shaded
in
if they are unhidden?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

TJ,

Sorry, there is no event that Excel can use to tell when you hide a row, so
once you've hidden the rows, you need to manually run the macro.

Bernie

"TJ" wrote in message
How can I set up my worksheets so that rows that are hidden will be
shaded
in
if they are unhidden?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln

Bernie, might TJ be able to highlight the rows to hide and then run a
macro to both shade and hide them? That would probably be the closest
thing to want he'd like to do.