Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Default shade hidden rows

TJ,

Sorry, there is no event that Excel can use to tell when you hide a row, so
once you've hidden the rows, you need to manually run the macro.

Bernie

"TJ" wrote in message
That is the effect I want. How can I make it so that when I hide the
cells
they are shaded without me having to run the macro every time I hide
cells?
I would like to have the act of hiding the cells trigger the shading.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

TJ,

If they are hidden using hide rather than filters, then a macro like this
will shade the hidden rows:

Sub NewSub()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Interior.Col orIndex = xlNone
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"TJ" wrote in message
How can I set up my worksheets so that rows that are hidden will be
shaded
in
if they are unhidden?