Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gontiz

Default Help on Microsoft Excel 2003

I have recently upgraded my microsoft office from 2000 to 2003. Problem: when
oppening multiple files using excel, files do not open in the same reversed
order as it was selected as office 2000 does. office 2003 will open files in
scramble mode? please help I need files to be opened same way as office 2000.
it will make my job much easier.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't think you have any control over the order that files open (via the
file|Open dialog).

But you could have a macro in a helper workbook that opens the workbooks in the
order you want.

Option Explicit
Sub Auto_Open()

Dim myFileNames As Variant
Dim iCtr As Long
Dim testStr As String

myFileNames = Array("C:\my documents\excel\book1.xls", _
"c:\my documents\excel\book2.xls")

For iCtr = LBound(myFileNames) To UBound(myFileNames)
testStr = ""
On Error Resume Next
testStr = Dir(myFileNames(iCtr))
On Error GoTo 0
If testStr = "" Then
MsgBox myFileNames(iCtr) & " wasn't found!"
Else
Workbooks.Open Filename:=myFileNames(iCtr)
End If
Next iCtr

ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

--