Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John

Default Converter from MS Works 4.5 spreadsheet to MS Excel 2003

I'm very disappointed that one MS spreadsheet cannot read another MS
spreadsheet: in this case MS Works 4.5 and MS Excel 2003. I have been thru
the MS web site (the Assistance site, other Office users, and the Knowledge
base), and the only answer I can find for MS Excel 2003 to read an MS Works
4.5 spreadsheet is to go back to my old computer and and re-save each Works
file as a file type that Excel 2003 can read. With the number of MS Works
files that I have, this will be very time consuming. Of course, there is a
third party software that will do this conversion, but at a cost. As far as
I am concerned, this conversion should be standard to MS Excel 2003.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.