Tom

Default Launching specific spreadsheet from Desktop in Excel 2003

Excel 2003 SP3
WinXP Pro SP2
How do I launch a specific spreadsheet using Excel 2003 from the Desktop?
Obviously, I can launch Excel but I can't determine the syntax for a specific
spreadsheet.
I've tried "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office ...\Excel.exe"
'C:\MyExcel\Documents\LaunchIt.xls' and a variety of iterations.
Any direction or guidance appreciated. Eventually, I'd like to set my "Most
Frequently Used" documents as icons on the Desktop.
TIA,
Tom
Gord Dibben

Tom

With Excel open, go to FileOpen and right-click on the file you need a
shortcut to.

Select Send ToDesktop as Shortcut and OK.

You will do this with each file you want as a MFU.

Or just browse to your files in Windows Eplorer and right-click and Send
toDesktop as Shortcut.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:34:01 -0700, Tom wrote:

Excel 2003 SP3
WinXP Pro SP2
How do I launch a specific spreadsheet using Excel 2003 from the Desktop?
Obviously, I can launch Excel but I can't determine the syntax for a specific
spreadsheet.
I've tried "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office ...\Excel.exe"
'C:\MyExcel\Documents\LaunchIt.xls' and a variety of iterations.
Any direction or guidance appreciated. Eventually, I'd like to set my "Most
Frequently Used" documents as icons on the Desktop.
TIA,
Tom

Tom

Duh!
Thanks, Gord, I guess I should have known that one! :"-( Seems that it was
too obviously. I don't know how many times I've done a little shortcut from
Explorer so you got me on this one!
I'll be more perceptive next time. (I hope!) :-)
Tom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

paul

and for your sheets rhat you really use often you can drag those shortcuts
onto the taskbar at the bottom of the screen,your shortcuts wil ALWAYS be
visible!
--
hope this helps
Paul