Tom

Duh!
Thanks, Gord, I guess I should have known that one! :"-( Seems that it was
too obviously. I don't know how many times I've done a little shortcut from
Explorer so you got me on this one!
I'll be more perceptive next time. (I hope!) :-)
Tom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Tom

With Excel open, go to FileOpen and right-click on the file you need a
shortcut to.

Select Send ToDesktop as Shortcut and OK.

You will do this with each file you want as a MFU.

Or just browse to your files in Windows Eplorer and right-click and Send
toDesktop as Shortcut.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:34:01 -0700, Tom wrote:

Excel 2003 SP3
WinXP Pro SP2
How do I launch a specific spreadsheet using Excel 2003 from the Desktop?
Obviously, I can launch Excel but I can't determine the syntax for a specific
spreadsheet.
I've tried "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office ...\Excel.exe"
'C:\MyExcel\Documents\LaunchIt.xls' and a variety of iterations.
Any direction or guidance appreciated. Eventually, I'd like to set my "Most
Frequently Used" documents as icons on the Desktop.
TIA,
Tom