JJ

Default Excel 2003 random number generator

Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a very
large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet is
run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003
will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my
friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm sort
of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and if
Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Harald Staff

Hi

This is a bug. See