Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jiggityjohnson

Default HOW DO I ENTER A NAME WHERE IT SAYS COLUMN A - Z, IT SAYS INVALID

HOW DO I ENTER NAMES IN THE BOX LABELED COLUMN A, WHEN I TYPE A NAME IN IT,
IT SAYS IT MUST BE VALID DATA, CANT ANYTHING BE SIMPLE?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

It sounds to me as though you might be trying to use a named range name, tho
I can't be sure. Here's how it's done if that's what you're wanting to do:

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"jiggityjohnson" wrote in message
HOW DO I ENTER NAMES IN THE BOX LABELED COLUMN A, WHEN I TYPE A NAME IN
IT,
IT SAYS IT MUST BE VALID DATA, CANT ANYTHING BE SIMPLE?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi Jiggity,
If you are trying to enter text into a cell to which somebody has
previously applied Data Validation that doesn't allow text then you
could receive the invalid data message you mention.
Select one of those cells then go DataValidation. If in the Allow box
of the Validation Criteria it shows "Any value" then data validation is
not the cause of your problem.
Ken Johnson