Sharon

Default How to enter a two line column heading in excel

I am trying to learn excel 2003. How do I enter a two line column heading? I
don't want a double wide column for a couple digit entry under it, but when I
hit enter, it of course enters the data into the cell instead of returning to
the next line as in word processing.
Also, when I enter a formula that I want to continue in a column through its
entire length, what characters do I use? Is there a fill down command for
this?

gls858

Sharon wrote:
snip<
Also, when I enter a formula that I want to continue in a column through its
entire length, what characters do I use? Is there a fill down command for
this?

High lite the cell and put the cursor in the lower right hand corner.
It will turn into a + drag the + down the column.

gls858
JulieD

or if you have values in the column to the right or left of your formulas,
simply double clicking on the + will fill the formula down.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"gls858" wrote in message
Sharon wrote:
snip<
Also, when I enter a formula that I want to continue in a column through
its entire length, what characters do I use? Is there a fill down command
for this?

High lite the cell and put the cursor in the lower right hand corner.
It will turn into a + drag the + down the column.

gls858

gls858

JulieD wrote:
or if you have values in the column to the right or left of your formulas,
simply double clicking on the + will fill the formula down.

Learn something new everyday. Didn't know it would do that.
I'm sure your tip will come in handy. Thanks.

gls858

JulieD

saves HEAPS of time :)
(that and the right mouse click drag to do the edit / paste special - values
thing)

--
Cheers
JulieD