Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tompal

Default Formula Help - Not Sure Where to Post

Hey All,

This is my first post so I'm not to sure where to put it, but here it
goes:

I have a problem with my worksheet that I am trying to create. I'm
trying to build a sheet that helps me track my "fantasy" stocks. I want
to build it myself b.c that's the type of person that I am. My questions
is how to i program a cell to display the last cell of a specific
column. Basially I want cell B1 to display whatever number is in the
last column of H. Meaning if H7 has the last number in it I want B1 to
display H7, but if H8 is the last cell filled I want B1 to display
that. Is my question clear?

Thanks for the help,

-Tom

--
tompal
tompal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30405

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Colin Sandall

tompal,

Try this:

=OFFSET(H1,COUNTA(H:H)-1,0)

This assumes that you have an entry in every cell in column H between the
top and the bottom.

Regards

Colin
"tompal" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Can't remember where I got this from but it works great!

=INDEX(B1:B100,MAX((B1:B1000)*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*R OW(B1:B100)-ROW($B1))+1)
this is an array formula so it needs to entered using Shift+Ctrl+Enter

HTH
JG

"Colin Sandall" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Tom

=LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,H:H) will fetch the last numeric value in col H

Ignores blanks in the column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:25:00 -0600, tompal
wrote:

Hey All,

This is my first post so I'm not to sure where to put it, but here it
goes:

I have a problem with my worksheet that I am trying to create. I'm
trying to build a sheet that helps me track my "fantasy" stocks. I want
to build it myself b.c that's the type of person that I am. My questions
is how to i program a cell to display the last cell of a specific
column. Basially I want cell B1 to display whatever number is in the
last column of H. Meaning if H7 has the last number in it I want B1 to
display H7, but if H8 is the last cell filled I want B1 to display
that. Is my question clear?

Thanks for the help,

-Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Good afternoon Gord. Would you mind explaining why you use that number?
I've seen it in formulae before, but don't have any idea why it is used.
Thanks in advance.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin