Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John S Thompson

Default Check Box in Excel Spreadsheets

I have created check boxes in an excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having
is once I go to print the page either on a printer or even in print preview
the boxes moves from the location that I have placed it except for one box
which stays at the original location. It only happens on my office computer.
I have sent the file to my laptop and other people and when it is printed
from those computers the boxes stay in place. The office computer version of
excel is 2002. Any ideas what to check?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

xl2002???

Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

But Jim Rech recently posted this:
This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
mention this fix, it's in there).

But Myrna Larson (and others) posted that it didn't work for her in all her
workbooks.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John S Thompson

How do I get the Hotfix 829348. I have updated all of my programss and should
have all the latest service packs so I think I still need the hotfix.

"John S Thompson" wrote:

I have created check boxes in an excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having
is once I go to print the page either on a printer or even in print preview
the boxes moves from the location that I have placed it except for one box
which stays at the original location. It only happens on my office computer.
I have sent the file to my laptop and other people and when it is printed
from those computers the boxes stay in place. The office computer version of
excel is 2002. Any ideas what to check?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John S Thompson

I was able to done load the hotfix but I still have the problem of the boxes
moving.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Read that second link.

"John S Thompson" wrote:

I have created check boxes in an excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having
is once I go to print the page either on a printer or even in print preview
the boxes moves from the location that I have placed it except for one box
which stays at the original location. It only happens on my office computer.
I have sent the file to my laptop and other people and when it is printed
from those computers the boxes stay in place. The office computer version of
excel is 2002. Any ideas what to check?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Did you try the other suggestion?

John S Thompson wrote:

I was able to done load the hotfix but I still have the problem of the boxes
moving.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Read that second link.

"John S Thompson" wrote:

I have created check boxes in an excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having
is once I go to print the page either on a printer or even in print preview
the boxes moves from the location that I have placed it except for one box
which stays at the original location. It only happens on my office computer.
I have sent the file to my laptop and other people and when it is printed
from those computers the boxes stay in place. The office computer version of
excel is 2002. Any ideas what to check?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

The other suggestion was that workaround in the first link.

John S Thompson wrote:

I was able to done load the hotfix but I still have the problem of the boxes
moving.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Read that second link.

"John S Thompson" wrote:

I have created check boxes in an excel spreadsheet. The problem I am having
is once I go to print the page either on a printer or even in print preview
the boxes moves from the location that I have placed it except for one box
which stays at the original location. It only happens on my office computer.
I have sent the file to my laptop and other people and when it is printed
from those computers the boxes stay in place. The office computer version of
excel is 2002. Any ideas what to check?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John S Thompson

The workaround worked so I guess that is what I will do. My computer has the
Office XP service pack 1, 2 and 3 along with the security updadate
KBB832332v2 but the MSO.dll file version is 10.0.06735 so that might be why
the patch is not working
Thanks

John S Thompson wrote:

I was able to done load the hotfix but I still have the problem of the boxes
moving.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Read that second link.