Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
famdamly

Default Web Macros

Can you make a macro that will go on to the web and retrieve info from
certain sites at certain times. Like I want to automatically get turn
by turn directions to an address and have it auto imported into excel
to be loaded onto a work order to be printed out.

Any info would be helpful.

--
famdamly
famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29382

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R.VENKATARAMAN

if you create macro when you first download some webdata into excel and
study the macro you can understandand modify to suit you.
It will besomething like this
the url address and detination can be changed to suit you.

With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _
"URL;http://in.finance.yahoo.com/p?v&k=pf_2&d=v6",
Destination:=Range("A1"))
.Name = "p?v&k=pf_2&d=v6"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables
.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone
.WebTables = "10"
.WebPreFormattedTextToColumns = True
.WebConsecutiveDelimitersAsOne = True
.WebSingleBlockTextImport = False
.WebDisableDateRecognition = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With

"famdamly" wrote in
message ...

Can you make a macro that will go on to the web and retrieve info from
certain sites at certain times. Like I want to automatically get turn
by turn directions to an address and have it auto imported into excel
to be loaded onto a work order to be printed out.

Any info would be helpful.

--
famdamly
famdamly's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=500203

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R.VENKATARAMAN

ref my previous message. I m sorry I did not notice your condition at
certain times. you have to use

ontime function.
see help

Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:15"), "my_Procedure"
"my procedure" is your sub name

"famdamly" wrote in
message ...

Can you make a macro that will go on to the web and retrieve info from
certain sites at certain times. Like I want to automatically get turn
by turn directions to an address and have it auto imported into excel
to be loaded onto a work order to be printed out.

Any info would be helpful.

--
famdamly
famdamly's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=500203

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
famdamly

Thank you for your help. That is awesome. Now I have something more to
go on. Atleast I know it can be done. When I record a macro do I go
online through a web query or with my browser? Oh well I'll just try
both.

--
famdamly
famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29382
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=500203

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can try SW
ExplorerAutomation(http://home.comcast.net/~furmana/SWIEAutomation.htm).
It allows to create an automation API to any Web applcation.