Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bman

Default Copying values into another cell

I have an average knowledge of Excel. I am looking for a formula so I can
copy the values in column "a" into column "b". As I enter the value in the
first column I want excel to automatically copy it into the second.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

=if(a1="","",a1)

and drag down as far as you need.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

In cell B1, put the following formula and copy it down column B as far as you
wish....

=IF(A1="","",A1)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bman" wrote:

I have an average knowledge of Excel. I am looking for a formula so I can
copy the values in column "a" into column "b". As I enter the value in the
first column I want excel to automatically copy it into the second.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SVC

Assuming that you want the cells in column B to remain blank until something
is added to the cells in column A, in Cell B1 enter =IF(A1="","", A1) and
copy down through your range.

"Bman" wrote:

I have an average knowledge of Excel. I am looking for a formula so I can
copy the values in column "a" into column "b". As I enter the value in the
first column I want excel to automatically copy it into the second.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bman

thanks very much, one more question along the same topic....how would I copy
a cell from one worksheet to another worksheet within the same workbook. The
same thing, where excel automatically would update the cell.

Thanks

Bman wrote:

I have an average knowledge of Excel. I am looking for a formula so I can
copy the values in column "a" into column "b". As I enter the value in the
first column I want excel to automatically copy it into the second.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mevetts

I think you just need to typ the sheet name in front of the cell
references followed by an exclamation mark.

So - =IF(Sheet1!A1="","", Sheet1!A1)

But one of the more experienced members may want to clarify, as I'm
still on the learning curve with some way to go.

HTH

--
mevetts

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29130