puneetarora_12

Default How to change drop down values based on another cell value?

My query is as follows:
I want to change the drop down values in cell B1, based on the value
entered in cell A1. The drop down values in B1 should dynamically
change as A1 is changed.

The range of drop down values allowed for a value of A1 will be stored
in another sheet (for e.g.)

Please help.

Thanks !

Puneet Arora

--
puneetarora_12
puneetarora_12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18406

Debra Dalgleish

You can create dependent data validation lists. There are instructions
he

puneetarora_12 wrote:
My query is as follows:
I want to change the drop down values in cell B1, based on the value
entered in cell A1. The drop down values in B1 should dynamically
change as A1 is changed.

The range of drop down values allowed for a value of A1 will be stored
in another sheet (for e.g.)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dan

Step as follow:
Create 2 drop-down list (A1, A2) which you would like to have reference to.
Data-Validation

e.g. On Sheet1, A1, which is referring to Sheet1,"B1:B10"
e.g. On Sheet1, A2, which is referring to Sheet2,"A1:A10"

Write VBA for with private sub "Worksheet_SelectionChange" which check if
the target cells is A1. If yes, refresh the list on Sheet2. The
drop-downlist will refresh value inside automatically.

"puneetarora_12" wrote:

My query is as follows:
I want to change the drop down values in cell B1, based on the value
entered in cell A1. The drop down values in B1 should dynamically
change as A1 is changed.

The range of drop down values allowed for a value of A1 will be stored
in another sheet (for e.g.)

Please help.

Thanks !

Puneet Arora

--
puneetarora_12
puneetarora_12's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18406
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=473257

paul

i can email you a small sample sheet which uses vlookup and match to do this
with comboboxes from the forms toolbar
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!