Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbh35711

Default Linking Option button together

I need multiple sets of 7 option buttons that are only linked to buttons
I assign.
I can make all the buttons on my sheet, but I'm only allowed to click 1
of the them. I would like to be able to choose one in each set. I've
looked through all the options and help I can find to no avail.

Thanks for any help you may offer,

Chris

--
cbh35711
cbh35711's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30276

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Hi, if you're using option buttons from the FORMS toolbar then you need
to put a Group Box around each group, if you're using option buttons
from the Visual Basic toolbar then you need to give each group a
"GroupName", you will find that under properties of the option
buttons.

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbh35711

I tried grouping them together, but it doesn't seem to help. I've got
two different groups, when I select one it shows the right ones are
together. But I can still only choose one out of all of them.
Thanks again,

Chris

--
cbh35711
cbh35711's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30276
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I think you misread pinmaster's message.

If you used the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, then draw a GroupBox
around each pair of optionbuttons. (The groupbox is also on the Forms toolbar.)

If you used optionbuttons from the Control toolbox toolbar, then right click on
each and change the groupname. Use a unique groupname for each group of
optionbuttons.

(The default groupname is the sheet name--that's why they're all grouped
together.)

If this doesn't work, post back with the type of optionbuttons you used.

cbh35711 wrote:

I tried grouping them together, but it doesn't seem to help. I've got
two different groups, when I select one it shows the right ones are
together. But I can still only choose one out of all of them.
Thanks again,

Chris

--
cbh35711
cbh35711's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30276
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499445

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbh35711

I believe I read the message before correctly. I grouped them together
fine, but i'm just not getting the ability to select one in each
category.
I'm using the "option button". Circle with a dot in the middle, if
selected.

Thanks again,

Chris

--
cbh35711
cbh35711's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30276
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

How excatly did you group them?? And from with toolbar did you get your
option buttons??

JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbh35711

I held down control and clicked the ones i wanted to group, then right
clicked and clicked grouping, then group.
I used the buttons from form.

Thanks again,

Chris

--
cbh35711
cbh35711's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30276
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Ok, that is not how you them. You group them by putting a "Group Box"
around each group, the "Group Box" is the 3rd option on the forms
toolbar (a square with the letters "xyz" on top) same toolbar where you
got the option buttons from, select it and then draw a box around a
group, select it again a draw a box around the second group...etc.

Hope this helps!
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cbh35711

yeah painfully easy :)
OK here's another question.
How can i get those Group box 338 or whatever to not be there?
I want the groups, but i don't want it to print or be seen by user.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

--
cbh35711
cbh35711's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30276
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

There is an option to have it print or not but as to not be visible?...I
don't know. Maybe Dave has an answer to that one.

But I suggest using option buttons from the control toolbox found on
the Visual Basic toolbar, View/Toolbar/Visual Basic and click on the
3rd button from the rigth, that will bring up the control toolbox. When
you have setup all your buttons the way you want, right click on one of
them and select Properties, to the left you'll and Option for
GroupName, in the text box to the right type a name for that particular
group, now with the properties window still open select another option
button and repeat, each option button within a group should have the
same name, and a different name for each group.

Hope I made it clear enough, if not comeback with questions.

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You have to use code.

One way:
select your worksheet
alt-f11 to see the VBE
ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type this and hit enter

Activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false

If it blows up (it might if you have lots of these groupboxes), you can run a
macro:

option explicit
sub testme()
dim myGB as groupbox