Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sr. Bio

Default Exporting folder contents to excel or text format

I am trying to export a list in data format of folder contents, does anyone
have any sugestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best.

To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to
this KB Article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q272623&

Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from.....

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom
features.

OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory.
Type DIR MYFILES.TXT

All the above create a *.TXT file which can be opened in Notepad or
Excel.

One more method if you want to by-pass the *.TXT file and pull
directly to
Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in. This allows filtering
and
sorting once you have the data in Excel.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-insDirectory
Listing.

Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP