-   -   Exporting folder contents to excel or text format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/63976-exporting-folder-contents-excel-text-format.html)

Sr. Bio

Exporting folder contents to excel or text format

I am trying to export a list in data format of folder contents, does anyone
have any sugestions?

Gord Dibben

Exporting folder contents to excel or text format

Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best.

To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to
this KB Article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q272623&

Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from.....

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom
features.

OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory.
Type DIR MYFILES.TXT

All the above create a *.TXT file which can be opened in Notepad or
Excel.

One more method if you want to by-pass the *.TXT file and pull
directly to
Excel is to use Tushar Mehta's Excel Add-in. This allows filtering
and
sorting once you have the data in Excel.

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ scroll down to Add-insDirectory
Listing.

Download the ZIP file and un-zip to your Office\Library folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP