kez

Default Format text in Excel

How do I format LARGE CASE text to small case in excel 2002. Thanks Keith

Harald Staff

You need a small macro, or a formula in another cell, like
=LOWER(A1)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"kez" skrev i melding
How do I format LARGE CASE text to small case in excel 2002. Thanks Keith

Harald Staff

If you have this in cell A1:
THIS IS MY TEXT
then enter this in cell B1:
=LOWER(A1)
and B1 will display
this is my text

If this is not what you want then please be more specific.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"kez" skrev i melding
Please could you tell me how to do this? Thanks
"Harald Staff" wrote in message
You need a small macro, or a formula in another cell, like
=LOWER(A1)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"kez" skrev i melding
How do I format LARGE CASE text to small case in excel 2002. Thanks

Keith

kez

I have 7000 addresses in my excel database, approximately 5000 are uppercase
text! I need to change them to lower case? is there a quick way without me
having to edit them all individually? Thanks
"Harald Staff" wrote in message
If you have this in cell A1:
THIS IS MY TEXT
then enter this in cell B1:
=LOWER(A1)
and B1 will display
this is my text

If this is not what you want then please be more specific.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"kez" skrev i melding
Please could you tell me how to do this? Thanks
"Harald Staff" wrote in message
You need a small macro, or a formula in another cell, like
=LOWER(A1)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"kez" skrev i melding
How do I format LARGE CASE text to small case in excel 2002. Thanks

Keith

Gord Dibben

Kez

Sub Lower_Case()
'David McRitchie, programming, 2003-03-07
Dim rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range, bigrange As Range
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
On Error Resume Next
Set rng1 = Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants))
Set rng2 = Intersect(Selection, _
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas))
On Error GoTo 0
If rng1 Is Nothing Then
Set bigrange = rng2
ElseIf rng2 Is Nothing Then
Set bigrange = rng1
Else
Set bigrange = Union(rng1, rng2)
End If
If bigrange Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "All cells in range are EMPTY"
GoTo done
End If
For Each Cell In bigrange
Cell.Formula = LCase(Cell.Formula)
Next Cell
done:
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:06:20 -0000, "kez" wrote:

[...]

Harald Staff

I read this as a question about wether my suggestion works or not. Yes it
does, at least it works perfectly fine on my computer. I don't find
deliberate non-working sloutions amusing, so have no fear. Give it a try. I
come in peace, take me to your leader.
"kez" skrev i melding
This does not work ?
"Harald Staff" wrote in message
If you have this in cell A1:
THIS IS MY TEXT
then enter this in cell B1:
=LOWER(A1)
and B1 will display
this is my text

If this is not what you want then please be more specific.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"kez" skrev i melding
Please could you tell me how to do this? Thanks
"Harald Staff" wrote in message
You need a small macro, or a formula in another cell, like
=LOWER(A1)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"kez" skrev i melding
How do I format LARGE CASE text to small case in excel 2002. Thanks

Keith

Gord Dibben

Kez

Copy and paste to a general module in your workbook.

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and InsertModule. Paste the above code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run the macro by going to ToolMacroMacros.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

wrote:

I have 7000 addresses in my excel database, approximately 5000 are
uppercase
text! I need to change them to lower case? is there a quick way without me
having to edit them all individually? Thanks
. ..