Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vince

Default Need to set up a database??

hello everyone,

here's what I would like to do in Excel to help my purchasing people.

1. Enter an order quantity (say Kgs) and type for a number of single
items - for example 1 Kg of cherries, 1Kg of plums and 1Kg of apricots
2. Add up the total order (call it total stone fruit order)
3. Look up a table where the different price breaks are shown (for
example 1Kg of cherries, +1Kg of plums + 1Kg of apricots, = 3 Kg of
stone fruit @ $10)
4. If total in 2 does not add up to price list in database, show a
"quantity short" message in the cell
5. The spredsheet needs to cater for occasions where only 1 item is
ordered.

If it is too hard to explain, I'll see if I can fumble my way around it
somehow, thanks for the attention

Regards