Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marco Margaritelli

Default Export XML

Trying to export a spreadsheet as XML.
From the Help menu of excel I read:

Export XML data
On the Data menu, point to XML, and then click Export.

MY PROBLEM IS THAT IN MY DATA MENU the option XML does not appear.
I am using Excel 2003 (SP2) but as part of MS Office Basic, could this be
the problem? I though that all I need is Excel 2003...
Do I have to "activate" some sort of add in in Excel in order to view the
XML option under the Data menu?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

The XML feature is only available in the Office Professional Edition
2003. There's version information on the Microsoft web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...pare.mspx#EAAA

Marco Margaritelli wrote:
Trying to export a spreadsheet as XML.
From the Help menu of excel I read:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rajib

Hi,
I'm getting the same problem, but could not find any relevant clue from your
answer.
I've downloaded the 2003 trial version from this site today.
Again my question is:

Marco Margaritelli wrote:
Trying to export a spreadsheet as XML.
From the Help menu of excel I read:

Export XML data
On the Data menu, point to XML, and then click Export.

MY PROBLEM IS THAT IN MY DATA MENU the option XML does not appear.
I am using Excel 2003 (SP2) but as part of MS Office Basic, could this be
the problem? I though that all I need is Excel 2003...
Do I have to "activate" some sort of add in in Excel in order to view the
XML option under the Data menu?

Thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Rajib" wrote in message

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Marco Margaritelli wrote:
Trying to export a spreadsheet as XML.
From the Help menu of excel I read:

[...]

If you've got the wrong version of Excel and don't get that option under the
Data menu, have you tried File/ Save As/XML ?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...425731033.aspx
--
David Biddulph