Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kaputa

Default How to write a formula so that response is value?

I wish to write a formula such that the response would not be simply the
computed value but value. It can't be done by simply changing the display
format of the cell since there are more than one IF commands. I wish to
incorporte it into the If command.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

How much greater?

It's relatively simple to tack on an additional value to be added to the
return of a calculation.

=IF("your formula")+'any number'
=IF("your formula")+'any cell' ... where you enter a value in that
particular cell.
=MAX(IF("your formula"),'pre-determined maximum value')

Care to give some examples?

RD

"Kaputa" wrote in message
I wish to write a formula such that the response would not be simply the
computed value but value. It can't be done by simply changing the

display
format of the cell since there are more than one IF commands. I wish to
incorporte it into the If command.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Kaputa" wrote:
I wish to write a formula such that the response
would not be simply the computed value but value.

Please give some examples of what you mean. Your
question cannot be as silly as it reads. For example,
a silly answer would be: always add 1 to the result.
Thus, the result is not simply the computed value, but
always something greater ;-).

I suspect you are interested in ROUNDUP(). However,
note that ROUNDUP() will be equal to the computed
value when the computed value is "exact" to the
specified precision. For example, ROUNDUP(1.0,0) is
1.0. Is that acceptable? If not, what result would you?