Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gabe

Default Absolute Formula Help

A1 on Sheet2 =Sheet1!A1

I am trying to make this formula absolute, so if I were to move,cut, or copy
A1 on Sheet1, then A1 on Sheet2 will display what ever is in A1 on Sheet1.
For some reason it keeps changing them every time I cut and paste A1 on
Sheet1 to where ever. I've tried all these ($A$1, $A1, A$1, $A1) and nothing
works? Can anyone Help? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Try:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1")

Regards
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gabe

that did it thanks!

"pinmaster" wrote:

Try:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1")

Regards
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498139

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
B. R.Ramachandran

Hi,

Try the following formula in A1 of Sheet2.

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1")

There could be one problem though. If A1 of Sheet1 is blank, the formula
will return zero in A1 of Sheet2.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Gabe" wrote:

A1 on Sheet2 =Sheet1!A1

I am trying to make this formula absolute, so if I were to move,cut, or copy
A1 on Sheet1, then A1 on Sheet2 will display what ever is in A1 on Sheet1.
For some reason it keeps changing them every time I cut and paste A1 on
Sheet1 to where ever. I've tried all these ($A$1, $A1, A$1, $A1) and nothing
works? Can anyone Help? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

im trying to do the same thing and the indirect function is now working for me
--
I will Excel at Excel!

"pinmaster" wrote:

Try:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1")

Regards
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498139

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=CONCATENATE didnt work either
--
I will Excel at Excel!

"Ms_M_o_n_i_c_a" wrote:

im trying to do the same thing and the indirect function is now working for me
--
I will Excel at Excel!

"pinmaster" wrote:

Try:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1")

Regards
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498139

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now im in the same sheet and having indirect issues.

Please correct this formula for me.

M20 equals...
=IF(INDIRECTJ20<0,SUM(INDIRECTL20-INDIRECTJ20)/INDIRECTL20,"")

when I cut/paste prices from J20 and L20, i get REF or NAME
i need M20 to calculate the GM% formula regardless of what is enter or done
to J20 & L20
--
I will Excel at Excel!