Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ohioian

Default Absolute formula moving

Happy New Year!

I have a query that takes share prices from a web site as date in first
column then share prices in following columns across the same row. I then
recorded a macro to take that information from that sheet and insert it to
the next sheet that contains weekly and monthly data tables. On the monthly
and weekly sheet I have made formulas to figure percentage of change, the
tables collect the data in ascending order (recent dates towards the top of
the table), for the table formulas I first tried relative then absolute and
finally defined ranges with absolute yet when the data is inserted via the
macro the absolute rows change they follow the data that they were
originally set with. I really believe its doing this because of the date
being in the first cell but I could be wrong. Can you please explain to me
why this is happening?

Thank you!