Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Darlene Niebruegge

Default Excel - scrolling problems

One of our users called me to her desk to show me what was happening with her
Excel program. When she opened the program, the scroll bar automatically ran
and kept running down the worksheet. The same thing happened when she opened
a file. We could not get it to stop. She finally shut down her laptop,
rebooted it, and then Excel worked fine when she opened it again.

What would cause this to happen? We are using Windows XP and Office XP.

Thank you for your help.

Darlene
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe the pagedown key on the keyboard was stuck. Maybe it was a mouse problem.

If/when it ever happens again, she may want to try fiddling with the keyboard or
mouse to see if that fixes the problem (without rebooting).

--

Dave Peterson