Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mnpaul

Default Printing in excel

I am working on a bid sheet in excel. The problem I am having is there are
parts of the sheet I may or may not want to print. If one section requires,
say 4 each of three items, I will want to print that, but if another sections
requires no items in the selection list, I don't want to print that. This
may happen 5 times a day, I don't want to set teh print area each time. Some
of these options are side by side and not above or below each other on the
spread sheet. I was looking for something that says, "if = 0", do not print.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gilles Desjardins

One way would be to create for yourself what is called "View".
View, Custom View. Create as many as you like then select the view and print
it.

HTH

Gilles
"mnpaul" wrote in message
I am working on a bid sheet in excel. The problem I am having is there are
parts of the sheet I may or may not want to print. If one section
requires,
say 4 each of three items, I will want to print that, but if another
sections
requires no items in the selection list, I don't want to print that. This
may happen 5 times a day, I don't want to set teh print area each time.
Some
of these options are side by side and not above or below each other on the
spread sheet. I was looking for something that says, "if = 0", do not
print.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Can you pick out a column (maybe the Quantity column) and use that?

If you can, you could
select that column
data|filter|autofilter
filter to show only the values greater than 0
Print what you need
data|filter|show all to see everything

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott W.

I am working on an estimating program and have the same requirements on the
take of sheet. Items such as Switches, receptacles, etc. In creating my
take off sheet I have used this below example that will print if the cell has
a number greater than zero, or it will not include it in the print out. Of
course there is other information being pulled from the main Data Sheet to
finish the equation for a line item cost but, this works well.
=IF(D7=0,"",+I7*D7)

Of course in my example cell D7 is the count number if any, and I7 is the
per unit cost pulled by another name range out of my data base. In short it
says if D7 true then do nothing, if false print results of I7 *D7. On my
final print out take off sheet it only prints what has a number in the D7,
D8, D9, etc. columns when I hit the Print Button I added with a Marco on my
take of screen. I am sure there are a lot more easier ways to do this but, I
am not a programmer and have to figure it out as I go.
Hope this helps.
Scott W.