Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason - MR

Default default excel worksheet

How do I get Excel to open to a specific worksheet every time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

the easiest is to create a link from your desktop with this line in target

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE"
c:\yourfoldername\yourfilename.xls

and this in opens with
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10"
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jason - MR" wrote in message
How do I get Excel to open to a specific worksheet every time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rayo K

Do you want to default to a template (i.e. every time you start a new
worksheet it opens a specific design) or do you want to open a specific file
every time you start the Excel program?

How do I get Excel to open to a specific worksheet every time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jason - MR

I want to open to a certain tab within a workbook, every time I open it, not
just where ever I left off when I closed it. Example - I'm trying to create
an index for this worksheet, with all the tabs (I think I need to use
Hyperlinks somehow), and I always want to open to the index sheet.

Thanks, Jason.

How do I get Excel to open to a specific worksheet every time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Put something like this into a General module:

Option Explicit
sub auto_open()
application.goto thisworkbook.worksheets("Index").range("a1"),scrol l:=true
end sub

Change the name (I used Index) to what you need.

You can find some code also at David McRitchie's site:

If you're new to macros, you may want to read David's intro at:

=======
Other alternatives:

You can get a list of all the worksheets by rightclicking on the VCR like
controls to the left of the worksheet tabs on the bottom of excel's window.

Or you could use a floating toolbar (maybe nice for use with all workbooks):
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
From Debra Dalgleish's site.