-   -   default excel worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61989-default-excel-worksheet.html)

Jason - MR

default excel worksheet

How do I get Excel to open to a specific worksheet every time?

Don Guillett

default excel worksheet

the easiest is to create a link from your desktop with this line in target

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE"
c:\yourfoldername\yourfilename.xls

and this in opens with
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10"
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jason - MR" wrote in message
How do I get Excel to open to a specific worksheet every time?

Rayo K

default excel worksheet

Do you want to default to a template (i.e. every time you start a new
worksheet it opens a specific design) or do you want to open a specific file
every time you start the Excel program?

"Jason - MR" wrote:

How do I get Excel to open to a specific worksheet every time?

Jason - MR

default excel worksheet

I want to open to a certain tab within a workbook, every time I open it, not
just where ever I left off when I closed it. Example - I'm trying to create
an index for this worksheet, with all the tabs (I think I need to use
Hyperlinks somehow), and I always want to open to the index sheet.

Thanks, Jason.

"Jason - MR" wrote:

How do I get Excel to open to a specific worksheet every time?

Dave Peterson

default excel worksheet

Put something like this into a General module:

Option Explicit
sub auto_open()
application.goto thisworkbook.worksheets("Index").range("a1"),scrol l:=true
end sub

Change the name (I used Index) to what you need.

You can find some code also at David McRitchie's site:

If you're new to macros, you may want to read David's intro at:

=======
Other alternatives:

You can get a list of all the worksheets by rightclicking on the VCR like
controls to the left of the worksheet tabs on the bottom of excel's window.

Or you could use a floating toolbar (maybe nice for use with all workbooks):
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar01.html
From Debra Dalgleish's site.