Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rosa

Default slope of data with the same y values

I want excel to calculate the slope of a set of data which has the same x
values. For each column I should enter the syntax. Is there any way that I
can write once for all columns which have the same x or y values?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi Rosa,
Not too sure I follow, however:
If your X's are in column A (From Row 2 down to Row 101) and you want
the SLOPE with Y's in columns B,C,D etc I think you would use
SLOPE(B$2:B$101,$A$2:$A$101) then fill across to apply the same formula
to the other columns of Y values with the same X values in column A.
Or, apply a Name to the data column you want to repeatedly use then use
that name in the Slope formula.

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry W. Lewis

If you are saying that you y does not change with x, then the slope is
zero. If you are saying that y=x in all cases, then the slope is one.
Otherwise, please clarify your question.

Jerry