Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NTaylor

Default keep value if formula has no data

I have a worksheet that automatically updates everyday and works some
calculations for me. How can I get the formula sheet to keep the value from
the previous day if there is no data today. Because now it is filling in all
my cells with zeros. Thanks
--
Nicki Taylor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

Post your formula.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"NTaylor" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that automatically updates everyday and works some
calculations for me. How can I get the formula sheet to keep the value from
the previous day if there is no data today. Because now it is filling in
all
my cells with zeros. Thanks
--
Nicki Taylor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR

Nikki, what you could do is copy the entire sheet (click the button above row
1 and to the left of column A) then right click and copy. Go to a new sheet,
click on cell A1, right click and Paste Special "Values". If you want it to
look the same as you original sheet, right click again in the same place and
Paste Special "Formats".

"NTaylor" wrote:

I have a worksheet that automatically updates everyday and works some
calculations for me. How can I get the formula sheet to keep the value from
the previous day if there is no data today. Because now it is filling in all
my cells with zeros. Thanks
--
Nicki Taylor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NTaylor

I am sorry but I don't know what that means.
--
Nicki Taylor

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Post your formula.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"NTaylor" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that automatically updates everyday and works some
calculations for me. How can I get the formula sheet to keep the value from
the previous day if there is no data today. Because now it is filling in
all
my cells with zeros. Thanks
--
Nicki Taylor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

Copy some of the formulas that are returning 0 in your sheet and paste them
in a message (post) in this thread, just like you did when you told me you
didn't understand.

That way, folks here can see exactly what your formulas are doing, and can
suggest various solutions to your problem.

RD

"NTaylor" wrote in message
I am sorry but I don't know what that means.
--
Nicki Taylor

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Post your formula.

RD

-------------------

-------------------

"NTaylor" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that automatically updates everyday and works some
calculations for me. How can I get the formula sheet to keep the value

from
the previous day if there is no data today. Because now it is filling

in
all
my cells with zeros. Thanks
--
Nicki Taylor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NTaylor

I know how to do that, but I was hoping I could have it just keep the values
if there wasn't data b/c I am importing it on a daily basis and don't want to
go through every sheet to copy and paste every time. Thanks though!
--
Nicki Taylor

"NTaylor" wrote:

I have a worksheet that automatically updates everyday and works some
calculations for me. How can I get the formula sheet to keep the value from
the previous day if there is no data today. Because now it is filling in all
my cells with zeros. Thanks
--
Nicki Taylor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NTaylor

Oh.. Like in one cell:

=SUMIF(ImportData!A:A, IDEA!A1412, ImportData!H:H)

I have a whole bunch of these set up in my sheet. I import the data once a
day for our daily sales. It automatically fills in the cells with my import.
But then some of that data expires, so I don't report on it any more. It is
no big thing to have to copy and paste special to values... it would be nice
if it could do the formula, but if the data wasn't there, just keep the last
value it had set. Does that make sense?
--
Nicki Taylor

"NTaylor" wrote in message
I am sorry but I don't know what that means.
--
Nicki Taylor

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Post your formula.

RD

-------------------

-------------------

"NTaylor" wrote in message
I have a worksheet that automatically updates everyday and works some
calculations for me. How can I get the formula sheet to keep the value

from
the previous day if there is no data today. Because now it is filling

in
all
my cells with zeros. Thanks
--
Nicki Taylor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

What type of data is in ColumnA & H?

Do you import into both columns?

And if you do, I don't understand exactly what data you're trying to retain.

Doesn't the newly imported data overwrite the "old" data?

RD

"RagDyer" wrote:

Copy some of the formulas that are returning 0 in your sheet and paste

them
in a message (post) in this thread, just like you did when you told me

you
didn't understand.

That way, folks here can see exactly what your formulas are doing, and

can
suggest various solutions to your problem.

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"NTaylor" wrote in message
I am sorry but I don't know what that means.
--
Nicki Taylor

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Post your formula.

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit

!