Jugger0s

Default Sorting Problems

I'm sorry if this has been posted in the wrong location but this is my
first time posting.

Using Excel 2002

I'm working on a large Excel Worksheet, But when I wish to sort thing
the way I want things it doesn't seem to work. Here is an example.

My sheet has 2 main columns Rank and Company, I would like to sort out
my file with Rank but also retain the groupings of companys I have.

Rank Companies
2 Bobsville
Bobsville
6 Bobsville
1 Retail Motors
6 Retail Motors
12 Jims
3 Jims
Jims

This is my exact problem, I can sort the ranks all fine but i loose the
groupings of companies, I can sort via companies but i loose the
groupings. I've tried the 'Sort' options in and it has 3 options but it
seems to always do the first thing and ignore the second 2 options.

Thanks for your time.

Gareth Jones

--
Jugger0s
Jugger0s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16882

tjtjjtjt

Click on one cell within the Rand Column. Hit the Sort Ascending Button. This
should organize everyone by Rank. Now, click on one cell in the Company
Column. Then, Click Sort Ascending again.

Or, from the Data Menu, choose Sort and do this:
Sort by: Company
Then by: Rank
Both Ascending

tj