Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tele2002

Default Calculating elapsed time

Hi all, I have reports generated by my servers that displays the elapsed time
of an archive in the format of 00:12:33

This is simply HH:MM:SS

But how do I calculate the total sum?

So if I have the following elapsed times:
01:10:18
01:41:06
02:33:57
04:11:13
04:40:00
05:28:23
07:08:30
07:44:53
08:17:07
10:41:09

and perform an auto sum or manually add the all, I get the result 53:36:36
which is fine.

As soon as I use a pivot table the grand total is 04:26:18 even if I change
the cell format to match the original hh:mm:ss as a custom.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Gary
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I formatted the total as:
[hh]:mm:ss

And I got:
53:36:36

The [] tells excel to keep counting the hours.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tele2002 via OfficeKB.com

Thanks Dave, I thought it might be simple!

Gary

Dave Peterson wrote:
I formatted the total as:
[hh]:mm:ss

And I got:
53:36:36

The [] tells excel to keep counting the hours.

Hi all, I have reports generated by my servers that displays the elapsed time
of an archive in the format of 00:12:33

[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]

Gary