relux

Default elapsed time average calculcations

Hey guys,

Here is my situation. I have a formula in Column F that is:

=INT(D3-C3)&" days, "&INT(24*MOD(D3-C3,1))&" hours, and
"&ROUND(60*MOD(24*(D3-C3),1),0)&" minutes"

It takes the time from column c and d and shows the elapsed time. What
I need to do now is make a field in for example F 30 that shows the
average elapsed time. In other words, average up all the elapsed times
in Column F. I can't figure out a way to do this..

Also, I have the formula above all the way down the spreadsheet. Is
there a way to hide "0 days, 0 hours, and 0 minutes" if there is
nothing in the C and D columns?

I've attached the spreadsheet..

Thanks in advance!

|Filename: emails2.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3750 |

relux
relux's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20029
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399494

Dnereb

I'm afraid you would need VBA to do this.
You can have a look at the function Datediff(), maybe you can figure
out a way with cell formulas to get it done but I don't.

--
Dnereb
Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26182

relux

Any way to hide fields that are just 0's? I have attached the
spreadsheet..
thanks again

--
relux
relux's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20029
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399494

Bob Phillips

First part,

I would use

=SUMPRODUCT(--((D3:D20<"")*OR(C3:C20<"")),(D3:D20-C3:C20))/SUMPRODUCT(--((
D3:D20<"")*OR(C3:C20<"")))

Second part

=IF(AND(D3="",C3=""),"",INT(D3-C3)&" days, "&INT(24*MOD(D3-C3,1))&" hours,
and "&ROUND(60*MOD(24*(D3-C3),1),0)&" minutes")

--

HTH

RP

"relux" wrote in
message ...

[...]

relux

Thanks for the response. However, what you say is for the second part I
am assuming would replace my current average formula. I dont think I
quite understand what the first forumala is for...

--
relux
relux's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20029
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399494

relux

My fault, looks like it gives the average time in days. Can this be
modified to give the average in minutes?

Thanks soo much!

--
relux
relux's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20029
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399494

Bob Phillips

No, it gives the average time in time. Format the cell as time.

--

HTH

RP

"relux" wrote in