Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shayne

Default Hpyerlinks updating to HTTP on publish

I have a company intranet that tracks our Drawing Files and CAD files. I use
excel to publish an index to existing webpage. This works wonderfully in
that I can use excel functionality then hit save and all the drawing indexes
are automatically saved.

The picture files (TIF or PDF) work, but when you click on the CAD file it
opens up an error page. When I try the links from the excel file they work
like I want them too. It is just after the excel file is published that they
start to give me errors. AutoCAD seems to have trouble open from an HTTP
address. Is there a way to keep Excel from updating the hyperlinks to HTTP?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shayne

Incase anyone has the same problem there is a work around for this problem.
Under the insert menu select function, then select hyperlink. In this menu
insert the file path. Example would be
=HYPERLINK("file://address & file name.dwg")

Excel does not update to HTTP when saving as a webpage.