Phlashh

Default When updating a worksheet, how do I create a link updating the sa.

A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet. How do I
make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes incorporated in
the intranet copy?
Bob Phillips

Copy the file after you have saved it?

--

HTH

RP

"Phlashh" wrote in message
A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet. How do

make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes incorporated in
the intranet copy?

Gord Dibben

Or copy when you save it?

'Saves the current file to a backup folder and the default folder
'Note that any backup is overwritten
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs Filename:="intranet path\" & _
ActiveWorkbook.Name
ActiveWorkbook.Save
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Phlashh" wrote in message
A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet. How do

make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes incorporated in
the intranet copy?

Bob Phillips

Gord,

I meant in the windows environment :-)

Process, not automation!

Bob

Or copy when you save it?

Boolean)

"Phlashh" wrote in message
A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet. How

do
make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes incorporated

in
the intranet copy?

Gord Dibben

It would be saved in the ThisWorkbook module.

With workbook open and window maximized, right-click on the Excel icon left of
"File" and select "View Code".

Paste in there.

Note: "intranet path" must be adjusted for your actual path.

Gord

"Phlashh" wrote in message
A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet. How do
make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes incorporated in
the intranet copy?

Gord Dibben

I knew that<g

Just offered an alternative for automation in case OP wanted it.

Gord

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:06:24 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

Gord,

I meant in the windows environment :-)

Process, not automation!

Bob

.. .
Or copy when you save it?

Boolean)

"Phlashh" wrote in message
A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet. How

do
make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes incorporated

in
the intranet copy?

Bob Phillips

I thought you did, but sometimes it helps to spell out our thoughts for the
originators (just in case <g).

And anyway, it's good to share a crack between old stagers (ebg

Bob

"Phlashh" wrote in message
A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet.

How
do
make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes

incorporated
in
the intranet copy?

phlashh1

Thank you so much for your help. BUT, I do have another question:
instead of saving the whole workbook to the "backup" drive, how would I just
save one worksheet of a workbook?

"Phlashh" wrote in message
A worksheet residing on my C drive is also on my company intranet. How

do
make changes to the C drive copy and have the same changes incorporated

in
the intranet copy?

Bob Phillips

You have to copy the worksheet to a new workbook and save that

Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="myFile.xls"

--

HTH

RP