Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JDEisenberg

Default How do I combine information from multiple worksheets

I have multiple worksheets, each containing different information about the
same individuals. On most worksheets, each individual is only listed one
time, in one row. On one worksheet, individuals are listed multiple times,
each entry in a separate row. Each individual has a unique ID number, which
is listed at the beginning of any row containing their data.

I want to produce one worksheet where all of the information for each ID is
listed as a separate cell/column, in that ID's row.

Is this possible? (I feel it must be.) if so, how?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob_F_Roecker

Dear JD:

There's a couple of ways to do this:

You could build the workbook to use formulas that delete redundant data.
You'd have to divide your data across your worksheets and build some really
cool formulas. (I've done this) but then you'd also end up with a workbook
that is considerably larger than it has to be.

Check this out. Microsoft uses your problem as an example in their training
on Macros.
http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC011506201033

It's worth taking a look at.

The MS version of things may not have precisely the answer your looking for.
Check out google. There's a bunch of code examples on for-next loops to
delete rows.

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/row-delete-criteria.htm

This should get you in the right direction. Remember no one knows the
problem better than YOU. You're the one that's going to have to take all
this in and find the best solution for your user.

GOOD LUCK!!

"JDEisenberg" wrote:

I have multiple worksheets, each containing different information about the
same individuals. On most worksheets, each individual is only listed one
time, in one row. On one worksheet, individuals are listed multiple times,
each entry in a separate row. Each individual has a unique ID number, which
is listed at the beginning of any row containing their data.

I want to produce one worksheet where all of the information for each ID is
listed as a separate cell/column, in that ID's row.

Is this possible? (I feel it must be.) if so, how?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Check out the filter utility at
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

or send me the workbook with full instructions and maybe I can create a
feature for you.

- - mark