Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim DuBray

Default Converting hundredths

I have a timesheet that calculates hours worked. I'd like to enable the data
entry person to enter the military time in hundredths. My current formula for
calculating the hours is:
((F6 (time out)-C6(time in)+(f6<c6))*24. However, our timeclock generates
military time in hundreds, i.e... 14:99-21:96. Is there a way to make the
timesheet allow the entry of time in hundredths and then calculate the hours?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Actually your application is easier than hours:minutes. Just enter the
values as:

14.99 rather than 14:99 and do not format as time. Format as general.

Then 21.96 - 14.99 = 6.97 hours

If you need to convert back to hours:minutes, just multiply the fraction by
60. So 6.97 hours will become 6 hours 57.6 minutes.
--
Gary's Student

"Kim DuBray" wrote:

I have a timesheet that calculates hours worked. I'd like to enable the data
entry person to enter the military time in hundredths. My current formula for
calculating the hours is:
((F6 (time out)-C6(time in)+(f6<c6))*24. However, our timeclock generates
military time in hundreds, i.e... 14:99-21:96. Is there a way to make the
timesheet allow the entry of time in hundredths and then calculate the hours?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim DuBray

The only problem is then when they work graveyard shift, i.e.. 14.99-5.00 the
result is a negative number. Can you tell me how to fix that?